Glasgow Wood Recycling is a social enterprise and charity established in 2007 and committed to reducing the amount of wood needlessly going to landfill by finding creative ways to recycle and reuse this valuable natural resource. The students FAS Report: Glasgow Wood Recycling provided a quality analysis of the wood waste collection market in Glasgow which GWR could use to expand their wood waste collection service. In particular there were several questions which GWR wanted answers to:
1. How many people have heard of GWR?
2. How many people have used GWR before?
3. How much and what type of wood waste do they generate?
4. How is their wood waste disposed of?
5. Who is involved in the decision to dispose of wood waste?
6. What factors effect the decision to dispose of wood waste?
7. What would encourage customers to use GWR again in the future?
The research process and the findings of the research helped to obtain new customers for the wood waste collection service and also helped to create new marketing resources and develop a customer aftercare system for GWR’s wood waste collection clients.